Several Parkersburg Rotarians were recognized recently for their generous contributions to the Rotary Foundation by receiving their Paul Harris Fellow pins.
The Paul Harris Fellow recognition acknowledges individuals who contribute, or who have contributions made in their name, of $1,000 to The Rotary Foundation of Rotary International. The “PHF+” designation is reserved for those who continue their contributions in $1000 increments after receiving achieving their initial PHF status.
Those present in the photo were: Randy Rapp; Don Dooley; Kim Couch; and, Bob Fehrenbacher. Others not present, but recognized for their contribution included: James Crews, PHF+2; Dr. Priscilla Leavitt, PHF+3; Mark Lewis; Randy Dick, PHF+1; Vance Golden; and Merrill O’Shea.
Founded in 1917, the Rotary Foundation transforms donations into projects that change lives both close to home and around the world. As the charitable arm of Rotary, they tap into a global network of Rotarians who invest their time, money, and expertise into projects such as eradicating polio and promoting peace. Foundation grants empower Rotarians to approach challenges such as poverty, illiteracy, and malnutrition with sustainable solutions that leave a lasting impact.
Locally, Foundation grants have assisted the Mountaineer Food Bank and provided free dictionaries to fourth grade students.
The Rotary Club of Parkersburg was founded in 1919, and is one of the area’s oldest volunteer service organizations that brings business people from various occupations together to exchange ideas, build relationships, and take action.